Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
When coming across mold it is imperative you call professionals to properly create procedures to dispose of it.
No matter how large or small, mold releases allergens that can create a hazardous environment. Here are a couple tips to ensure your property is safe:
DO NOT agitate the mold. Attempting to wipe or clean will bring up spores into the environment.
DO NOT turn on any fans or a/c in the affected area. This will also spread spores around the environment. If you must turn on the a/c or fan, make sure the affected area is in an air tight containment.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (949) 474-7776
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Irvine for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Irvine has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Orchard Hills
- Quail Hill